Indian Hills Science & Engineering Fair follows the same rules as Salt Lake City School District Science & Engineering Fair
Rules: 1. Only 1-3 students per project.
2. All students in grades 5th-6th must complete a permission slip signed by their guardians and teachers BEFORE beginning their projects. Click the button below to obtain a copy of the permission slip. The permission slips should be taped to the back of their science fair boards. Students in grades k-4th do not need to have the permission slips.
3. Science fair boards can be no larger than 48 inches wide by 62 inches tall.
4. Student name, grade, and teacher must be written on the back right flap of science fair board, not on the front of the board.
5. Photographs of students involved planning and running the projects are allowed on the science fair boards. Photographs of other students participating in the projects are not allowed without written permission from their guardians.
6. Additional items that are used with the projects cannot be displayed with the science fair boards.
7. Science fair project journals are required for students in grades 5th-6th. Journals should not be turned in with the science fair boards. They should be brought with students when they speak to the judges. Students in k-4th grades are not required to have journals, but journals are always welcome!
8. If humans are part of the project than a nurse, psychologist, or doctor’s signature is required on the permission slips for grades 5th-6th BEFORE students begin their projects. If humans are part of the projects than students in grades k-4th need verbal permission from their guardians to begin their projects.
9. If humans are part of the project and under 18 than their guardians must give written permission for them to participate in the project. Please turn these permission slips in with the permission slips for grades 5th-6th. If humans are part of the project and under 18 than students in grades k-4th need verbal permission from the humans’ guardians to participate in the project.
10. The only nonhuman animals allowed in science fair projects are personal pets. If the projects include pets, the projects MUST NOT inflict any harm to the pets.
11. If nonhuman animal pets are part of the projects than a veterinarian’s signature is required on the permission slips for grades 5th-6th BEFORE beginning the projects. If nonhuman animal pets are part of the projects than students in grades k-4th need verbal permission from their guardians before beginning their projects.
12. No students can grow mold or other microbes at home or at Indian Hills. Growing mold or other microbes at home is not allowed.
If you have any questions about rules, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org